Example 1: Logarithmic Y-axis, peak annotation
Example 2: Alternative graph-layout, bit map-report header
Example 3: Diagram with 2 axis, user query during reporting
Example 4 (PDF): Page header with numbering, multipage report
Example 5 (PDF): Data table implemented by VBScript
Example 6: Report from OptLab-SPX with OptLab results
(Examples in German language)
The Reporter-SPX software generates comprehensive reports of spectroscopic data, which can be user-configured in terms of the diagram layout and in terms
of the page layout.
The main window (see below) allows to load the data and to define the graph and the page layout. Additionally it is possible to modify the graph scaling, define peak detection and to label the diagram.
The main window also gives access to the report configuration tools. The configuration options include many options.
Reporter-SPX main window
Reporter-SPX reads spectra and time data and display the data in a graphical diagram. It is possible to configure for example:
- Size of diagram, border, header and background color,
- Line width, type and colors for curves and axis,
- Overlay of several sample and reference curves,
- Spacing, type and depiction of grid lines,
- Position, size and type of legend,
- Logarithmic ordinate and abscissa scaling,
- Data referenced to second ordinate,
- Scaling fixed, rounded or automatically expanded.
Page Layout Options
The diagram is the main part of the report, which is further defined through a page layout. The page layout defines the position of the diagram, res.. diagrams and the type of other report elements:
- Labeling of the report with fixed texts, measurement parameters and user inputs as requested during report generation,
- Graphical elements like a bit map company logo,
- Automatic insertion of reference spectra to the diagram,
- Import of information from the clipboard or file, e.g. for importing additional calculation results,
- Page numbering and report footnote, e.g. for a signature field.
The print preview shows the appearance of the final result with a single mouse-click.
Data Processing Options
Additionally to the described design options, Reporter-SPX offers options for data evaluation. This can be e.g
. peak detection: Peaks and minima may be labeled interactively in a selected wavelength range and with a selected threshold. Above that the report can also show peak tables, single readings and ordinate listings of
spectra. Reporter-SPX also supports the macro language VBScript. It is possible to access the spectral data with this option so that virtually unlimited possibilities for presenting the data and for implementing further
calculations are available. A set of spectrum manipulation options like smooth, merge or multiply spectra is provided.
It is possible to print bar code information within the report.
After generation the report can be printed or stored in various data formats like
- PDF (Adobe Acrobat),
- TIFF (Bitmap),
- RTF (Rich Text Format)
- HTML (Hypertext)
- XLS (MS Excel).
Integration to VISIONlite, OptLab-SPX, VISIONlite ColorCalc and VISIONlite MaterialsCalc
The standard software result output uses a fixed report format. To utilize the options of Reporter-SPX report configuration, Reporter-SPX can be co-installed. The master then opens the usage of Reporter-SPX and it
will be possible to generate user-defined reports.